Laser Tattoo Removal: What You Need To Know Before You Go
Tattoos are becoming increasingly popular, but sometimes people want to get rid of them. Laser tattoo removal is one way to do that. Laser tattoo removal targets and breaks down the ink particles in the tattoo. Knowing what to expect before you undergo laser tattoo removal is important.
What is laser tattoo removal, and how does it work?
Laser tattoo removal is a procedure in which laser energy is used to break down the ink particles in a tattoo. The laser targets the pigment in the tattoo and breaks it down into small pieces. The body's immune system then eliminates these pieces.
The laser beam is directed at the tattoo and passed through the skin. The tattoo ink absorbs the laser energy and breaks it down into small pieces. The body's immune system then eliminates these small pieces.
What type of Laser Does Avante Laser & MediSpa use?
The Pico Laser
The Pico laser is a newer type of laser that is used for tattoo removal. The Pico laser uses laser energy that is 1,000 times smaller than the traditional laser. This makes it a safer and more effective laser for tattoo removal.
The Pico laser is more effective than the traditional laser in removing tattoos. It also causes less damage to the surrounding skin.
Laser treatment is not a one size fits all solution. The type of tattoo, ink color, and skin tone will affect how well the laser works. Newer tattoos are usually easier to remove than older ones because the ink has had less time to set in.
The Pico laser is more than just advanced technology it's diplomacy for your skin. When you entrust your skincare to a Pico laser specialist, you are guaranteed amazing and long-lasting results. With such precision comes great responsibility, which our team at Avante Laser & MediSpa does not take lightly.
The Pico Laser Has Many Benefits, Including:
- Pico lasers are a safe way to remove pigment from your skin and can be used on darker skin tones. The laser energy shatters the chromophore (pigment) without generating heat, so there is no risk of burning the skin.
- It has the Pico focus array –a collagen-stimulating anti-aging handpiece that you could put on this laser platform. It is a great preventative approach to stimulating collagen production and has excellent anti-aging properties.
- The laser is highly effective in reducing brown spots - whether they are on your hands or face.
- Pico laser can help to improve your skin's appearance by reducing wrinkles, sun spots, freckles, and other scars.
- The procedure is short, around only ten minutes per session. You may need multiple sessions if you have a big tattoo, a deep scar, or other major blemishes.
- The laser is engineered to be as effective as possible while still causing minimal discomfort and no long-term skin damage.
- The tattoo will gradually become faded after the first Pico laser session.
The potential risks of laser tattoo removal
Laser tattoo removal can cause side effects, such as swelling, redness, and bruising. Knowing what to expect before you undergo laser tattoo removal is essential. Here are some tips on how to prepare for laser tattoo removal:
- Make sure you understand the process of laser tattoo removal and what to expect.
- Stop taking blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and warfarin, at least two weeks before your procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure before your procedure.
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after your procedure.
- Wear loose clothing after your procedure.
- Expect some swelling and redness after your procedure.
- Ice the area treated for 20 minutes after your procedure.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication if needed.