A Woman's Changing Body: Addressing Your Needs By Age
When it comes to addressing your needs as you age, the most positive philosophy is to start early and be proactive. That means that you will allow for more conservative treatments over long periods instead of waiting until you have aggressive treatments.
During your 20s, your deep collagen is still in great shape. Still, the superficial collagen has started to break down, and your skin will start to lose elasticity and shine.
- Botox: You can start to avoid wrinkles by using preventative botox. The neuromodulators stop muscle movement, which keeps lines from turning into deep wrinkles.
- Fillers: Adding a bit of volume to your cheeks and lips is an excellent way to remain youthful-looking, and it can correct the balance of your facial proportions.
- Clear+Brilliant: The best treatment to remove sun damage during three sessions while improving skin texture and stimulating surface collagen to have you red carpet ready each month.
- IPL (Intense Pulse Light): This light treatment will destroy free radicals, reduces inflammation, and stimulates surface collagen.
- Microdermabrasion: This treatment removes dead skin cells, which allows your skincare routine to be more effective. It provides glowing and bright looking skin.
During your 30s, your deep collagen breakdown is faster than your collagen production. Your skin starts to lose elasticity.
- Microneedling: This is a minimally invasive procedure that creates a series of microchannels in the skin. It stimulates collagen and provides a way to infuse local skincare, such as stem cells and growth factors. What you love is smoother, glowing, youthful skin, but without the trauma or downtime that other treatments can cause. MicroNeedling is also safe for all skin types!This is a minimally invasive procedure that creates a series of microchannels in the skin. It stimulates collagen and provides a way to infuse local skincare, such as stem cells and growth factors. What you love is smoother, glowing, youthful skin, but without the trauma or downtime that other treatments can cause. MicroNeedling is also safe for all skin types!
- Fraxel Dual Laser: This will re-texture the skin surface, remove damaged sunlight cells, brown spots, and promote deep collagen production. You can try this excellent treatment in the colder months but plan a recovery time of about a week to rejuvenate your skin.
- Treatments: They should continue treatment from the 20s and add botox every six months to soften wrinkles and prevent the formation of deep wrinkles.
- Must-haves: It is best to use medical-grade skincare. At this age, you should use growth factors or stem cell products to enhance collagen. You can also consider using a brightener to even out the skin tone and make your skin glow.
During your 40s, facial fat loss and collagen breakdown have taken the vibrant, full appearance of a youthful face.
- Threads: One of the most exciting advancements in aesthetic medicine is PDO (polydioxanone) thread. The thread is made of absorbable surgical sutures specifically designed to lift the skin while stimulating collagen. The treatment results can last for 12-18 months, an excellent alternative to plastic surgery.
- Thermage Radiofrequency Therapy: Stimulate collagen regeneration, tighten, lift and shape contours, and restore youthful elasticity and firmness to the skin. It gets done once a year (at any time), which can treat collagen breakdown.
- Treatments: You should continue treatment from the 20s and 30s. You may need to get treated more frequently.
- Must-haves: As before, It is recommended to continue medical-grade skincare, including growth factors and stem cell products. Patients of this age may need to add dermal fillers to replace volume loss and offset gravity. Repeated dermal fillers can also stimulate deep-layer collagen production, thereby adding more support to the overlying skin and regaining a youthful appearance.
Your Fifties and Sixties
During your 50s and 60s, your elastin and collagen levels will continue to breakdown, and the lymphatic drainage slows down, which makes it harder to remove toxic buildup in your skin.
- Stem Cell Facelift: This treatment uses platelet-rich plasma from your blood to fight the symptoms and signs of aging. It can help your collagen regenerate with multiple treatments.
- CoolSculpting: This contouring solution can help remove fat, and it triggers the natural death of the fat without causing damage to any of the surrounding tissues by using cold temperatures. There is also no downtime afterward.
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers or soft tissue fillers can help to smooth out wrinkles and facial lines that you do not want to show as they deepen.